I would say any change I make in this world will be on a very small scale. I am definitely not changing the world massively by any means.
I am sure that I am contributing to negative changes to the world like every other human being, for example, using too much water, eating meat, adding to the amount of rubbish we as humans contribute etc, etc.
However, I try to be aware of small changes we can make and implement positive measures where I can. I may not make any big changes but I feel I can definitely help in small yet significant ways. If we all do something small for the better, a lot can change. We have seen that with covid and lockdowns. Look how much the world improved for the better with no humans on the streets. The air was cleaner, the waters appeared less contaminated and Mother Nature was thriving.
Small changes that I feel I carry out to change the world for the better are:
– using less plastic (no plastic plates, cutlery etc)
– using wooden utensils where possible and other sustainable products
– using reusable containers and covers
– using refill bottles and keep cups
– taking my reusable shopping bags to the supermarket
– trying not to let the water run
– being a decent human being, be kind and respectful to others (this will translate to other people)
– teaching students the correct ways to be well-mannered and caring nurses with leading by example.
These are all small things and I am not perfect but if we all make small changes, we can make a positive change for the future generations.
“IT ONLY TAKES ONE PERSON TO MAKE A CHANGE. LET IT BEGIN WITH YOU” (Joyce Thompson).